Wordpress and php! Please help!

Hello everyone,

I recently hosted a new website on my linode server. I disabled the default Apache virtual host to setup the new domain. I was not able to restart it after, so I uninstalled and then re-installed apache. This impacted a current website (built on wordpress) that I was hosting: http://www.mallofpakistan.pk.

When I open the site, it gives me the following error:

/**

• Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads

• wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.

• @package WordPress

*/

/**

• Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.

• @var bool

*/

define('WPUSETHEMES', true);

/** Loads the WordPress Environment and Template */

require( dirname( FILE ) . '/wp-blog-header.php' );

I have been trying to resolve this, I have the php installed as well (PHP 7.0.8-0ubuntu0.16.04.2). Can some one please help me out? I am desperate for help!

4 Replies

Depending on how Apache was installed. Via a giant meta package or alone it could have taken the whole lamp stack with it. Like mod-php?

apt-get install lamp-server^

Any of these may be missing (some may not be entirely necessary).

apache2 apache2-mpm-prefork apache2-utils apache2.2-common libapache2-mod-php5 libapr1 libaprutil1 libdbd-mysql-perl libdbi-perl libnet-daemon-perl libplrpc-perl libpq5 mysql-client-5.5 mysql-common mysql-server mysql-server-5.5 php5-common php5-mysql

EDIT php5 may be any version php5,7, just php

Hey jeremye77,

Thanks for your response. I did not get the php part. Are you saying to switch to php v.5? I have php 7 installed…(PHP 7.0.8) to be exact.

So now my website is running. However, only the homepage is running. If I click on any link, it gives the following error:

Not Found

The requested URL /shop/women/zara-poplin-shirt-with-wide-cut-white/ was not found on this server.

How do I fix this?

Looks like a missing .htaccess file, or the rewrite module isn't enabled. Do you have an .htaccess file in place?

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct