Joomla site access issue

Hi all,

After following the startup guide and installing joomla on my Ubuntu server, my site is only accessible via /index.php

I must have screwed up something somewhere, either I need to redirect or grant permission or something else.

I have checked the virtual host file and it did have allow override.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Reply

Assuming you are using Apache, the DirectoryIndex directive controls what happens when a directory ending in "/" is requested. It sounds like index.php is not included in this. Typically, distributions will add index.php for this directive when the PHP Apache modules are installed (often within a configuration file that is included, not in the main config file).

You may want to investigate the DirectoryIndex directives (e.g., grep -R DirectoryIndex /etc/apache2/) contained within your configuration files to see what they say. It wouldn't hurt to add a DirectoryIndex index.php* to your virtual host declaration as this directive is additive, but this could be a symptom of a larger problem.

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct