money still not refunded!

At the beginning of November I cancelled my account and requested a refund. However, ever since I have been completely ignored by Linode and my e-mails were unanswered.

Have send a dozen of e-mail so far. No reply yet…

This is unacceptable level of support from Linode. Would like to post this so that other users can see how 'good' Linode is in terms of customer service…

Regards

Alexander

10 Replies

I still have to say I am one happy customer, and I've found that in most cases, any customer disputes filed have usually been the fault of the customer.

In this case, it seems you haven't read the Terms of Service:

https://www.linode.com/policies/tos.cfm

Specifically #5. That's why you have an option of paying from month to month or yearly. So, unless you signed up for Linode within 30 days (or whatever the current money back garauntee period is right now) of the day you cancelled, you've forfeit that money.

I'll look into this right away and get back to you.

-Chris

2Tierra

Tierra, I read this clause in TOC, but …

1. I have cancelled my account within 5 days from subscribing. Money back guarantee is 7 days. If Linode does not refund money why bullshit people with "money back guarantee"?

2. None of my 10 e-mails sent to billing, support, info has been answered. Now can u call this a good customer service?

2Caker

I would appreciate if you could have a look into this for me…Thanks

BTW, today is 18th Dec - still there is no reply from Linode

@alexander:

well man. All I have to say… is

We've been really happy with the support we've gotten from these people… as I bet you'll find 95% of the people in here..

so as they say… you cant keep everyone happy!!!! so move on :)

later dood.. good luck finding another place like linode.com ;)

Doubleg

@alexander:

I refunded your trial signup on the 14th as you requested.

Thank you,

-Chris

@doubleg:

well man. All I have to say… is

We've been really happy with the support we've gotten from these people… as I bet you'll find 95% of the people in here..

so as they say… you cant keep everyone happy!!!! so move on :)

later dood.. good luck finding another place like linode.com ;)

Doubleg

Good for you.

BTW, I have found what I'd been looking for

2caker

Chris, money has been received, thanks. Just a small suggestion pls if I may. Pls be for responsive (not particularly you, but billing/support)

Topic is considered to be closed!

:D

Well, I guess I won't be paying yearly then. :shock:

I was searching regarding this topic and although this may be more than a decade old, I wonder if this is still the case? It takes half a day for support to reply so if I ask for money-back, I might have the same experience as alexander. It's still not 7 days and I'm still undecided if I'm going to keep Linode. My question is if Linode implements what they say?

> Yes! If you're unsatisfied for any reason, you can cancel your account within the first seven days and request a full refund, no questions asked.

Thanks.

Yes, the 7 day money back guarantee still exists. In order to use it, you have cancel your account (go to the account section in the manager; at the very bottom is a small "Cancel this account" button). During the cancellation process, there'll be a box asking for your reason for cancelling; mention in that box that you'd like a refund. Once staff process your cancellation, they'll issue your refund. Note that it can take upwards of 3 to 5 business days for your card issuer to return the money to you. (Banks are so happy to take your money, not so much on giving it back.)

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct