Supporters payments

Is there a way to have supporters of a service make their support payments directly to the linode account?

3 Replies

Sorry but it's a bit difficult for me to understand what you mean, can you clarify exactly what you're intending to do?

@sohsoh5:

Sorry but it's a bit difficult for me to understand what you mean, can you clarify exactly what you're intending to do?

I have a team that use an application that I wrote. They would like to help fund the server. I know we could use a third party like paypal but I was curious if I could just give them access to make payments without giving them admin or control rights to the server.

Thanks for clarifying! There is a way, which is as you've outlined: you could give them access to make payments without giving them access to admin or control rights to the server. You'll go to:

Account tab > Users & Permissions > 'Edit' for the user (or make a new user) > Only check off "Can view invoices, make payments, update contact and billing info, and will receive copies of all invoices and payment emails" > Hit 'Update Grants'.

That should be it!

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct