Block Storage

Most cloud providers (AWS, Digital Ocean, Packet, etc) offer block storage for an additional fee. Does Linode plan to add such a feature? I feel it's a major piece missing here

4 Replies

@steve23063:

Most cloud providers (AWS, Digital Ocean, Packet, etc) offer block storage for an additional fee. Does Linode plan to add such a feature? I feel it's a major piece missing here

We hear you loud and clear and we do plan to add such a feature. It's being worked on.

@mcintosh:

@steve23063:

We hear you loud and clear and we do plan to add such a feature. It's being worked on.

Great! Can you give any rough timeframe of when it will be available? i.e. next 3, 6 months…

Hello,

Within the next few months in beta in one datacetner - likely Newark. Then a beta period (for however long is required) before rolling out to some, if not all of the other facilities.

-Chris

@caker:

Hello,

Within the next few months in beta in one datacetner - likely Newark. Then a beta period (for however long is required) before rolling out to some, if not all of the other facilities.

-Chris

Thank you

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct