How to build a private cloud service on Linode?

Hi! I'm not a Linux sysadmin and so Linode support suggested posting my question on the Forum. We want to scope the work below and hopefully find some guidance to implement it or work with an existing skeleton outline or resource a sysadmin. The use-case is:

Zak is the lead dev at Frederico, Inc., who want to test and deploy a MyStartup cloud service. Zak creates a paid-for Account on the MyStartup site. Three account sizes are available - Small, Medium and Large. Each account includes a Test VS and Deployment VS. Zak selects the Medium account and the Test VS is automatically provisioned with the MyStartup programs and a web server. During the development phase, Zak and his devs will upload (test) data to their Test VS multiple times. After completion of application development and testing, Zak provisions the Deployment VS with live data. The Test VS continues to be used for ongoing development.

The Frederico app, which is used by multiple consumers, calls the Fredirico MyStartup service which returns results. The volume of calls from the app is dependent on Frederico's business. Good VS sizing estimate can be determined from Frederico's uploaded data size. Both the Test and Deployment VS are the same size wrt memory and storage. The Test VS and Deployment VS are priced separately. Frederico can cancel their MyStartup account at any time.

The devs need a dashboard to create an account, provision Test and Deployment VS servers, and upload data to both. MyStartup needs a dashboard to manage services for Frederico and all other customers.

That's about it. Be good to hear from you.

Best …

1 Reply

Your question is way too general to get any sort of meaningful answer. You're basically asking "How do I create a very specific PaaS offering without any knowledge of what that entails?"

You're going to have to spend some money to hire someone who knows what they're doing. No one is going to lay out the building block of this very loosely envisioned enterprise of yours for free.

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct