LISH Web Console lost color and scrolling

I might just be having a Halloween candy induced mental failure but I could have sworn that the web Lish Console used to support color and would properly set the columns and rows to fill the window. When I opened it today I feel like I am stuck on an old VT100, I tried 'reset' and various 'stty' tricks to no avail.

Is this just me? This is running on a Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS host and I don't think that anything has been changed on my end. I have been messing around with ansible but I have not been knowingly altering anything in my environment.

Thanks for any advice.

3 Replies

Hey there,

That certainly is odd. Do you have a ticket open about this? One possibility that I have seen is your Linode booted into maintenance mode which I have seen happen when there are issues with the operating system booting properly. Is the Linode itself running properly otherwise?

Regards,

Stephen Crane…

Linode Customer Support

I have not created a ticket, I guessed that it was operator error. The linode in question has been up for almost a year, I did reboot it just to test and that did not help. I was able to see the green "ok" in some of the bootup messages.

I do have another toy linode I can blow away and start with a fresh image, is there one that you would suggest as working out of the box. That way I can try to pin down if the issue in my old image or more on the client side of the equation.

Thanks!

After some more digging it looks like the Lish terminal is being identified as a vt220 if I set it to XTERM-COLOR then I do get the correct LS behavior, although I still do not get correct resize behavior.

It seams like the problem is that Lish is not correctly identifying its capabilities when connecting. Is that configurable anywhere?

Thanks!

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct