Linode can not be ssh

My node is just patched by Meltdown. And then it is lost. But it's able to be connected by Lish Console. Everything looks fine except it's not visible from outside IP. Any idea?

3 Replies

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. This could be an issue with the network interfaces not being raised after boot. Are you currently running Ubuntu? To get a better idea of what's going on, can you run the following commands after logging in as "root" in the Lish console and provide us with the output?

cat /etc/network/interfaces

systemctl status networking.service -l

ifdown -a && ifup -a

That will help us point you in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

@scrane:

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. This could be an issue with the network interfaces not being raised after boot. Are you currently running Ubuntu? To get a better idea of what's going on, can you run the following commands after logging in as "root" in the Lish console and provide us with the output?

cat /etc/network/interfaces

systemctl status networking.service -l

ifdown -a && ifup -a

That will help us point you in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's ubuntu. I solved this problem by disabling the auto-config network and replacing it by static. Also put the ipv4 configuration ahead of ipv6 in interfaces file.

After a lot of digging. Had to update my /etc/network/interfaces and change it from eth0 to ens3.

Do ip link show and find which ensX applies to you

/etc/network/interfaces

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

auto ens3

iface ens3 inet dhcp

Then just sudo service networking start

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct