What ways are there to avoid getting billed more than what you could afford?

I could have a program running somewhere that checks the balance in my account but still things can go wrong

Is there a definitive way to do this where I can be sure I would not get billed more than a defined max $ amount

1 Reply

There's none that I know of. In my opinion, the best way to make certain you won't get billed more than you can afford, is to ensure you can pay for particular services throughout an entire month, a day, an hour, or however long you're going to use them for. Of course, if you're doing something like automatic creation and deletion of Linode's and other such items, that would be more difficult to accomplish.

The problem with ensuring you're not billed over a particular amount is quite simple. Linode has no credit offering services, and should you go over the amount that you owed Linode, you would be in debt with them, and if you weren't able to make payments, you could have debt collectors coming after you. It's all about proper budgeting to make sure you can afford what you want to get.

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct