Linode Forum
Linode Community Forums
 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MembersMembers      Register Register 
 LoginLogin [ Anonymous ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:27 pm 

@caker Any chance of offering shared storage that you can mount across multiple servers in the same DC in the future? That'd be tremendously helpful and would eliminate the need for setting up glusterfs, NFS, or something like that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:53 pm 
Senior Newbie

How long does the Beta takes ? Linode is behind .. digitalocean has it already up and running. Linode is sometimes very slow in things.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:08 pm 

Linode may sometimes be slow at things, but when something is finally out of beta, it works reliably and correctly. I've seen that every time with anything new they've come out with, so I wouldn't mind waiting a few years if need be.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:27 pm 
Senior Newbie

Quote:
Linode may sometimes be slow at things, but when something is finally out of beta, it works reliably and correctly. I've seen that every time with anything new they've come out with, so I wouldn't mind waiting a few years if need be.
I don't have a few years

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:49 am 
Senior Newbie

It's been 1.5 years already: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13918 Which corresponds to the time where the competition announced the same feature on some of their data centers.

And 6 it's been months from the initial beta.

I really like Linode and yes they are really reliable. But unfortunately this doesn't change the fact that they are still behind the competition. Answering the market needs on time is as important as being reliable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:14 am 

Quote:
It's been 1.5 years already: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13918 Which corresponds to the time where the competition announced the same feature on some of their data centers.

And 6 it's been months from the initial beta.

I really like Linode and yes they are really reliable. But unfortunately this doesn't change the fact that they are still behind the competition. Answering the market needs on time is as important as being reliable.

This is about the company culture. A trade off between being on time (according to market needs) or being reliable. Most of the time those two can not go together.

Everybody knows what Linode prefers. So no hurry, we got time till we die :).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:52 pm 

Quote:
  • The beta is free through 2017. January 1, 2018 the meter starts running.

So now that it's 2018 and presumably is a commercial service and not just a beta, will this be rolling out to all datacenters in the near future?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:59 pm 

In addition to that, when are we going to be able to create disks beyond 1TB?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:07 pm 

Hi,
What you quoted seems to indicate that the service is still in beta. It's just not a free beta any longer. You're paying for it now, but it stated nothing about being out of beta on January 1, 2018. Good thing, too, since the other data centers don't have it available for use currently, to my knowledge.

Blake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:58 pm 

I haven't been charged for January, but they're starting to in February.

Quote:
Hello,

We hope you’re doing well! We’re sending you this update because you’re participating in our Block Storage beta and have an active Volume on your account.

With the gracious and helpful feedback from our community and hard work from our teams, we’re ecstatic to announce that Block Storage will be officially launching on February 1st, 2018!

Starting on February 1st, you will be billed for any active Volumes on your account. These will appear on your invoices like normal. The cost for Block Storage Volumes will be $0.10/GB, per month.

If you prefer to remove your Volume(s), you may do so via the Manager. You can find information on how to remove your Block Storage Volumes within the following guide:

https://www.linode.com/docs/platform/ho ... age-volume

Block Storage is available immediately in our Fremont facility, with the remaining data centers coming earlier this year.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this, and thank you again for helping to make Block Storage at Linode success!

Kind regards,
Linode

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:58 pm 

I did ask about volumes larger than 1TB, since the linked site still says 1TB is max, but haven't heard back from the ticket team yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:13 pm 
Senior Newbie

Hello!
I want downgrade my linode. How i can solve problem with disk space? How i can add new storage to exist storage and not lost my data when i will downgrade?