Please include the reverse DNS within the instance reply (https://api.linode.com/v4/linode/instances
), it would help avoid extra requests.
for example, lets say I have a linode server with label "server1", I have to:
- get /instances/, so I can get a list of all the servers
- loop to get the id for "server1"
- get the /instances/server1-id/ips to get a list of IPs with id and rdns
- put /instances/server1-id/ips/ip-address with rdns content in the body
all of the above would be optimized like:
- get /instances/server-label/ips/ip-address (if we could use the server label directly without an id)
- put /instances/server-label/ips/ip-address with rnds content in the body
- get /instances/, so I can get a list of all the servers, including rnds content
- put /instances/server1-id/ips/ip-address with rnds content in the body
I'm using an Ansible playbook, which is not very flexible with loops.