Linode REST API - Early AccessWhat is the Linode REST API?
The Linode API v4 provides a programmatic interface into Linode services, allowing you to automate and manage all aspects of Linode instances, Backups, NodeBalancers, IP addresses, support tickets, your account settings, and so on. This new API is the foundation of upcoming features and products, including a new Linode Manager (more on that soon), command line interface, perhaps a mobile app, and bindings and developer tools.API Documentation
Linode API v4 documentation is located here: https://developers.linode.com/API Features
Bindings and Developer ToolsHow can I help?
- Access and Authentication via OAuth 2.0 (see: https://developers.linode.com/v4/access)
- It's RESTful
- Uniform / standard interface; standard HTTP verbs (GET, PUT, POST, DELETE)
- Pagination of large results (see: https://developers.linode.com/v4/pagination)
- Flexible query filtering (see: https://developers.linode.com/v4/filtering)
- ITMCDISCTA - "If the Manager can do it, so can the API" (once we're done implementing)
- Nested object results - fewer calls, probably just one call, to get all the information you want
- Slugs rather than IDs for instance types, regions, distros, and kernels. These are static and won't ever change on you and will map to future instance type generations, etc.
- Clean/Simple API Call Spec
- Many "fast path" methods. For example: it's one API call to create a Linode, with a distribution, and have it boot
- Manage Linode instances
- Networking and IP information endpoints for IPv4 and IPv6, pools, and ranges
- IP sharing (failover)
- IP Assign (swap) endpoints
- Manage Linode Backups (+snapshots)
- Manage NodeBalancers
- Support ticket endpoints
- Graph data endpoints
- Linode Manager users endpoints
- Unified Events timeline replaces Host Job queue view and includes other events
- and much more...
We'd very much appreciate any testing and feedback of this new API. To get access, go to cloud.linode.com
and generate access tokens to use in your API clients.
Feedback is always appreciated! If you find a problem or have a suggestion, feel free to create a new forum thread in this category, or reply to this one, or submit a support ticket - whatever works.